Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

12 Remaining Treatments

After that rough start things have settled into a routine. The first treatment was so long and stressful but the following ones have been easier. The second day, the nurse explained the pattern the machine is using so that I can count it's cycles. This was so very helpful. Since I had no concept of how long it would take at that first treatment it increased all the vulnerability I was feeling being locked in position. The third day I arrived to find that the same lovely nurse had cut some of the mask away so that I can just barely open my eyes and my nose and lips are clear. This was a really tremendous relief from the claustrophobic feeling I had been experiencing. I am so grateful for all the prayers from friends and for the caring staff at my cancer center. Going daily for treatments makes life a little hectic but it is also ticking that number down quickly, already down to 12 from 18. I have begun to feel some of the side effects that will no doubt increase each day (mainly a raw tongue and throat) but I feel like this is all going to be behind me before I know it. Thank you again to my friends for your love and prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So do you get to watch the snow.. How and when do you get time with family...who b doing the teaching these days....so many questions about the fun things in life...cause I know you house is to crazy to not be having fun